Selling a Business
Why Use Florida Business Broker Richard Zarzecki?
Do You Want to List Your Business, OR Do You Want to Sell Your Business?
Common Sense will tell you that it is far more productive, efficient and just plain smart to have professional help.
Competition is healthy in Business Sales!
Chances are, we will have plenty of competition between buyers for a profitable business like yours.
That type of competition increases the likelihood of a deal at the price and terms being asked.
When Business Planning Advisors agrees to market your business for sale or partnership investment, we immediately:
- Let “everyone” know that a new opportunity to buy a terrific business is now available!
- Notify every other Affiliated Broker quickly, increasing your visibility to Brokers with Buyers.
- Search our database for potential buyers who are already registered.
- Contact those Affiliates with initial information.
- Set to work investigating the possibilities for a good match between buyer & seller.
- Our central office notifies EVERY Buyer who has requested notice when this type of business comes on the market.
We leverage all available technologies to maximize the chances of a SALE, quickly and profitably!
CONFIDENTIALITY is extremely vital to our work and to our Seller’s peace of mind, so the EVERYONE we let know includes ALL of the right people and NONE of the wrong people.
- No clients
- No suppliers
- No employees
- No competitors (unless a strategy is planned to approach them)
- No unqualified prospective Buyers should know of your intentions
We exercise TOTAL DISCRETION with a multi-level disclosure system to protect.
Your privacy – Your livelihood – Your investment
Our Commitment To You When You List Your Business For Sale With Us
Confidentiality is usually the first thing that comes to a sellers mind. Having employees, customers, competitors or suppliers find out you are trying or even considering selling can have disastrous consequences. Our marketing program does not disclose your identity. By handling the initial inquiry, obtaining confidentiality agreements, and qualifying buyers we limit the number of people that know you are for sale and these people are bound to keep the information confidential.
The Right Price
The Right Price depends on the true value. To determine this your financial statements are “Recast”. Adjustments are made to depreciation, interest, amortization, owners’ salary, discretionary items, and other such items. This gives the buyer a true picture of what they will have to work with when they take over. Historical growth, industry trends, demographics and where the business is going are also factored in along with prior sales and comparisons of similar businesses.
Maximum Exposure also contributes to “The Right Price”. Your company will be marketed on many strategic web sites and business multiple listing services. In addition adds are placed in trade publications, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The International Herald Tribune, etc. when warranted and appropriate. Since many people buy something other than what they call in on any buyer calling in on the many companies we have available for sale could be the right buyer for your company. In some cases the many buyers create competition for your business, resulting in a higher price and better terms.
The Right Amount of Cash At Closing
The Right Amount of Cash At Closing by working with qualified buyers and assisting in the financing process we enable you to get the right amount of cash at closing. The buyer is qualified to make sure they have the financial capacity to make the purchase. By working with many lenders we know in many cases which lenders are best for a particular buyer/seller combination and can direct a buyer to the right lender.
Allow You To Devote Your Time To Running The Business
Allow You To Devote Your Time To Running The Business once you decide to sell you need to devote your full time to running the business using your expertise to make it run as efficiently and as profitably as possible. Buyers and Lenders look closely at what is happening now and what the trend is now. It takes a lot of time to eliminate the tire kickers, work with qualified buyers, get a good offer and make the deal happen. By you spending your time running the business we can get you that right price and make the sale happen.
Conflicts, emotions and bad feelings can develop when a buyer and seller are negotiating directly. By handling negotiations we insulate you from any negativity. This leaves the buyer and seller with a good relationship which becomes important when you are assisting them in the transfer of the business and especially if you are partially financing the sale.
When a seller calls a buyer or vice versa to see if a decision has been reached the person being contacted begins to think the other party is anxious or desperate which weakens their bargaining position. This could result in the ” wrong price “. When we do the many follow ups that are usually necessary to make a sale take place we are just doing our job and no one appears anxious or desperate resulting in “The Right Price, being paid for your business.
Steps in Selling Your Business
- Decide to find out if Selling is Right for you and what someone would pay for your business.
- Contact a professional Business Broker like Richard Zarzecki at Business Planning Advisors, Inc.
- Make an appointment to meet with the Broker.
- Provide the broker with business and financial information in order to find out the “Market Value” of your business. This usually takes one hour or less.
- Decide if the price a buyer would pay would enable you to meet your personal and financial objectives.
- Decide if you would like to list your business for sale.
- List your business
- Have a conference call wilth and meet with potential buyers.
- Consider offers.
- Accept an offer or counter offer.
- Mutual acceptance of an offer.
- Financial Due Diligence.
- Attorneys prepare and provide the closing documents.
- An inventory is taken.
- A closing takes place where both parties meet, sign papers and exchange funds.
- Seller trains the Buyer for a predetermined amount of time.
- Seller and Buyer go on to their new life.
How Long Does It Take To Sell A Business?
At the right price & terms – with a motivated seller – with aggressive marketing, not just listing the average is 6- 9 months.
At the wrong price, with the wrong terms – with a seller who is not motivated to sell – listed with just any broker – most often (75%), it will not sell at all.
If you want results – you need to be committed to the process – we have a proven effective system that works. Your business will sell faster. You will get a higher price $$. You will not lose sleep, confidentiality, business or employees in the process.