Selling a Business
We specialize in the confidential sale of businesses of all sizes from Orlando to Miami and from Palm Beach to Tampa. A customized presentation will capitalize on the strengths and future potential of your business in order to get the most attractive price and terms the market will bear.
5 Steps to Selling Your Business
The objective is to sell your business, in the shortest amount of time, at the best possible price and terms, and with the least amount of inconvenience.
STEP 1 - VALUATION
- Business valuations are based on “Adjusted Net Income” (Positive Cash Flow), assets and inventory.
- Real Estate may be added and included or made an option if owned by the seller.
- The Adjusted Net Income is the Net Income Plus Owners Salary, Depreciation, Amortization, Non-Recurring Expenses and other Non-Business Expenses.
- The multiple of Adjusted Net Income used to value the business will depend on the type and size of the business.
STEP 2 - CUSTOMIZED MARKETING
Once you have agreed on the selling price of the business and list the business a Confidential Memo will be prepared. It will include your input and will describe the business, its financial history and future potential.
STEP 3 - ADVERTISING
Business Multiples Listing – MLS. As a member of Business Brokers of Florida your business will be featured on their business only website as well as the following websites.
- Biz Buy Sell - a website that covers the United States
- Biz Quest - a website that also covers the United States
- Businesses For Sale - a website that covers Foreign Countries.
- FloridaBusinessBroker.com - our website
- Special Targets - suggestions by you to target a specific buyer or industry
STEP 4 - QUALIFYING THE BUYERS
Buyers are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement and provide information on their background and Financial Capacity in order to get the name, specific location of the business and the detailed information on the business.
STEP 5 - NEGOTIATING AND CLOSING THE SALE
We will coordinate the entire transaction from the initial meeting to the final sale:
- Schedule and be present for conference calls and meetings.
- Assist in the purchase contract negotiations
- Provide guidance and recommend professionals relating to due diligence, financing, legal
- representatives and for any contingencies that may arise.
OUR JOB IS NOT DONE UNTIL YOU GET A CHECK FOR YOUR BUSINESS ! ! !
For More Help and Guidance Contact Us
Richard Zarzecki, BBA Actg. MBA Fin, Former CPA
Business Planning Advisors, Inc.
277 Royal Poinciana Way, Suite 212
West Palm Beach, FL 33480